Thursday 25 March 2010

a higher calling

amongst us churches there has always been friction and at the end of the day it often boils down to what it's all about, why we're here, what's the point.
Some say we are here to suffer, others that we are here to have a good time, then there are some churches that feel we are only here to serve others or prove ourselves, that we are hopping on and off a wheel of life (gets a bit Disney about there).
Well I think I'm here to smile, that's my calling and, as I'm the only person in this church it is now official doctrine.
When I'm feeling good, I smile (that's easy)when I'm feeling crap, I smile (that's confusing) when I hurt others, yep (but not maliciously just in a pain lessening way) and when others hurt me, they get a smile (and that pisses them off).
I am not adverse to evangelizing either, I have a sign in the window of my vehicle telling\asking\advising people to smile because it's fun.

Yep, I like smiling, I like seeing smiles and I like the way people react when I smile. It is my calling and I feel high.

No comments: