Monday 24 December 2007

My Christmas thought

As I was sitting with my daughters this morning chilling and chatting about Christmas presents I suddenly felt a great sadness.
Suddenly I was embarrassed by my wealth, shamed that I was considering what useless stuff I wanted while all over the world people don't have the strength to say what they need never mind entertain their frivolous desires.
I have responsibilities because I have children so I can't sell all i own but I can stop my own indulgence and I can by my word and deed help my children to do the same.

1 comment:

Head Cookie said...

Very true there Toadee. If we all stopped indulging and living within our means what a different world it would be. If kids had to earn it instead of just getting it what a nicer bunch of kids we would have that would respect their elders and the value of a buck.